Now I have never had a "green thumb." I love plants and flowers but never seem to have the best of luck. This year I decided to have my mom come and help me plant. I also made sure to get a few suggestions from Lorie on what to plant. So everyone keep your fingers crossed and hope they last this summer and come back next year!

(Side note: I planted a few tomato plants that I purchased from a school fundraiser. Everyone said they are one of the easiest plants to grow....well they aren't looking too great. I made a few adjustments and hopefully they will produce some tomatoes!)

On Saturday morning, Drake and I went to Frasee Garden in Brownsburg to buy flowers. I decided to stick with mostly perennials this year. We bought day lilies, coneflowers, and coreopsis. We also bought a few annuals that are in front of the boxwood. Later my mom and I went to Menards and bought a few hanging baskets and asiatic lilies. Earlier this Spring, Drake bought me a few hosta plants. My mom brought one more for me and we decided to plant those together. I hope I can keep these plants alive and they come back next year :)

I am very glad that my mom came to help! There was a lot of work. While we worked on planting, the boys went fishing. We first had to remove all the old mulch. We also removed the two azalea bushes we planted last year. They were not doing so well this year. After we dug hole for the plants, we put down the weed barrier. We planted the plants and put down the new mulch. I think my mom planted a few of the flower a little too deep :) Oh well, everything turned out great! My mom suggested getting a few hanging plants. We found great deals at Menards and bought a few hooks to hang the plants from. After all the hard work, we went and enjoyed a glass of Bubble tea from Greenleaf. It was a great day! I can't wait to see all the flowers bloom! Here are a few pictures...


Today Drake and I went to Lowes and bought a few flowers to plant in front of our new boxwood bushes. We bought a few more asiatic lilies and day lilies.


Today I went outside and a few of my asiatic lilies were blooming :) They look beautiful! I love the colors. I also went out and gave each plant a nice serving of Miracle Grow...hopefully with this rain, it will help them (especially my poor tomato plants).