Drake turned 25 on February 28! In the past, I have made or bought him a cake. This year he said he would rather me make him a pie from scratch. I have been trying out new recipes from scratch and so far so good! I have never made a pie (only the frozen kind you stick in the oven). I found a few recipes online and thought I would give it a try. I decided to make a berry (fresh strawberries and blackberries) pie! It is not the prettiest pie, but it tasted good! I will have to work on my presentation next time :) Anyways, here are a few pictures and I will post the recipe at the bottom!

Again, it isn't the prettiest...but the crust was flaky and buttery...yum!
A slice of berry pie:)

You can find the pie crust recipe here from Smitten Kitchen. It is a quick and easy recipe.

Pie Filling (from All Recipes)

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries
2 cups chopped, fresh blackberries
1/2 white sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 nine inch pie crusts

1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add berries and gently toss until berries are coated.

2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Stir berry mixture and transfer to the crust lined pie plate. Top with second crust, and seal the edges. To prevent overbrowning, cover the edge of the pie with foil.

3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes when using fresh fruit. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Cool on a wire rack.