Drake and I love girl scout cookies! Well, I didn't have a chance to order any from school (which is a good thing for me since I am trying eat healthier this year) but I did find a great recipe for one of our favorite Girl Scout cookies....Samoas.

My new favorite baking blog is called Baking Bites. Nicole Weston is the creator of the blog. There are so many recipes that I want to try. While browsing through the blog and bookmarking recipes I want to try, I came across a recipe for making Samoa Bars. I thought this looked great and not too difficult to make. A few weeks ago, I decided to make them. They turned out great and almost tasted exactly like the actual cookie. Next time I make it, I want to try a different short bread recipe for the base of the cookie. There are also recipes for some of the other Girl Scout cookies too! I recommend everyone to check out this blog. I can't wait to try out another recipe.

This is my favorite kitchen appliance (I know...a little dorky). This was the one thing that I really wanted for our kitchen. After moving into the house, we bought one from my one of my favorite stores (Bed, Bath & Beyond).

Here is a picture of the final product! Delicious!